Close Amazon Account
Are you in the process of trying to close your Amazon account and can't find the Support Page URL to do so? There is a reason Jeff Bezos is a billionaire and it has a lot to do with the fact that it is said that he read “Strategic Database Marketing“ by Arthur M. Hughes AND that he makes it virtually impossible for users to find the CLOSE MY AMAZON ACCOUNT option!
Steps to Close Your Amazon Account
- Sign in to your Amazon account
- Go to Your Account
- Select Login & Security
- Scroll down enough into the lower parts of the page and click on Help
- Scroll down again and on this page find and click on Need More Help?
- Click on Contact Us
- On “What can we help you with?” click on Prime or Something Else
- Scroll down and on Select an Issue select Login & Security
- On Select Issue Details
- On the pull down menu select Close my Account
- 11. On “How would you like to contact us?” click on Email or Phone or Chat
- If you clicked on Email, type “Close my account” in the message box and click Send E-mail
Amazon Will Send you an Email
It's not over yet! You will be receiving an email from Amazon shortly in which they basically make a last chance plea to NOT cancel your account, and require you to click an email link and then respond again that you wish to cancel:
“If you still want to close your Amazon.com account after reviewing the items above, please write back by visiting this link and state that you want to close your account: “
Shame on you Jeff…
NOTE: Nothing wrong with getting rich. In fact, we encourage entrepreneurship! It's just annoying that you have to go to these lengths to Cancel your Amazon Account. 🙂
p.s. I would have provided links, but you have to be logged in of course that means the active userID is at play and why I couldn't quick links for you!